Below are the most common types of insurance coverage offered. If you need services like maternity, dental or prescription drugs, check the plan details to make sure you get the coverage you need.
Individual Health Insurance For Yourself and Family
Also called comprehensive or major medical, individual and family coverage is likely the first type of health insurance you might think of. It covers a wide range of services.
- Lasts 12 months or longer
- Can be renewed (in most cases)
- Meets the Affordable Care Act requirements and includes:
- Emergency services, hospitalization, and preventive care
- Maternity, newborn and pediatric care
- Mental health care & substance abuse treatment
- Laboratory services, prescription drugs, and disease management
- Rehabilitative services and devices
- You may be able to get help paying for your health care coverage