The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has made it easier to get affordable health insurance coverage. This is especially true for those who may not have been able to afford or qualify for health insurance in the past. And now, shopping for health insurance has never been simpler. You can get coverage several ways, including through:
- Your employer
- An insurance agent
- An insurance company
- The Health Insurance Marketplace
- Government programs like Medicare or Medicaid (qualified participants only)
Learn More About Health Care Costs
For those who can't afford health insurance there are a few options to get help paying for health care costs, including:
- Premium tax credit — A credit that lowers your monthly premium. Find out with our premium tax credit estimator.
- Cost sharing assistance — A discount that lowers the amount you pay for your deductible, coinsurance and copayments.
We’re Here to Help You!
Send us a question or request more information. Our team is here to help you get a 2021 health care plan for yourself or your family.
Tips for More Affordable Health Insurance
Help decrease your health care costs and save money using the following easy tips:
- Choose the right plan. Our entire selection of health insurance plans bring you the same essential health benefits, and provides the same level of quality and care. The differences include how the benefit costs are applied. Learn more.
- Know your plan. Every health care plan is different. Take time to learn how it works, which providers you can go to and which services are covered. Learn more.
- Stay in your network — Health plans use a select group of doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals called provider networks. Choose doctors in your network to avoid paying higher out-of-network cost.
- Prescriptions — If you have prescription drug coverage, know the details of your plan. In some cases you can save on health care costs by going to certain pharmacies or by using mail order pharmacy services. Also, check to see if there's a generic version of your medicine.
- Use your member perks — Look for member discounts on things like gym memberships and vision services. Check to see if there are special incentive programs for quitting smoking, losing weight, exercising and more.
- Stay healthy — Do your best to eat right, exercise and get regular health screenings. Encourage all family members to live a healthy lifestyle too.